So this ones for you!
Not only is beetroot great for boosting stamina and making muscles work harder, it also contains potassium, magnesium and iron as well as vitamins A, B6 and C, and folic acid.
1. Lower Your Blood Pressure
2. Boost Your Stamina
3. Fight Inflammation
4. Anti-Cancer Properties
5. Rich in Valuable Nutrients and Fiber
6. Detoxification Support
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups veggie broth (you may need more)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 large cloves of garlic chopped or crushed
- ½ -1 tsp of cayenne pepper (depends how hot you like things)
- Salt and pepper
- Greek Yogurt for serving
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant.
- Add the beets, sweet potatoes and carrots along with 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper
- Bring it to a boil, cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the parsley (save a bit for a garnish), salt and pepper. Using a hand blender puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley and a dollop of greek yoghurt.
Let the left-overs cool, then freeze into serving sizes. Ready for the days that you are too tired to cook.